Planning an international trip? Most people think trip insurance only covers the cost of a cancelled flight or lost baggage. You probably could absorb those financial losses. But an unexpected medical crisis overseas or an emergency flight home is another matter. Here are 5 good reasons to consider purchasing travel insurance the next time you step outside the U.S.:
- Over 65? Medicare covers you only inside the U.S. Cross the border and Medicare stops.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation. What if you are really sick and need to come home NOW? Your medical insurance may pay your medical bills but not the flight home.
- Immediate Acceptance. Will the ER in Beijing recognize your US health insurance ID card? NO. They expect you to pay up front. Travel insurance can guarantee payments.
- 24/7 multi-lingual customer service centers. Who will you call in an emergency? And will they be able to talk to the cashier at the hospital in Brazil?
- Malaria, Ebola, H1N1, Dengue, Chikungunya. Enough said.
We work with International Medical Group
to offer travel insurance to meet your specific needs, whether it’s for 2 days or 10 months. Peace of mind when you are away from home is surprisingly affordable.